Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Daily Makeup Collection



This is my current everyday makeup storage... I definitely don't have much. I try to research everything that I buy, so that prevents me from running out and getting useless things. 
Saves a lot of time and money. 


I thought I would share my current favorites:


1. Maybelline Rocket Volum Mascara:  This product is RAVED about on YouTube, so I had to go pick one up. I had been looking for a good mascara that didn't run, so I got the waterproof version. 
I do like the mascara quite a bit, but I didn't feel like it was THAT much more amazing than my previous mascara, the Maybelline Stiletto. 
However, it is still a great mascara; it gives great volume and it isn't clumpy. 

2. Maybelline New York Liquid Eyeliner: I really like this liquid liner. It is very black, and gives a great precise line. It smudges a little by the end of the day, but not much. Great product. I use it almost every day on my upper lash line. 

3. Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow: Colors/Bad to the Bronze, Gold Rush, Too Cool. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these eyeshadows. I love that you can wear them as a standalone, or with powder shadows for longer lasting contoured look. I usually pair mine with my Revlon eyeshadow quad (pictured below--I forgot to take a picture of it. Oops!) The Revlon quad is another favorite, I love the colors. I will use Bad to the Bronze on my lid, and either one of the two darker colors on my crease. Then I will blend into the brow bone with the lightest color. 
But if I am feeling lazy, I just swipe the bronze Color Tattoo and I am still good to go. 



4. Maybelline Dream Matte Powder: I'm in love with this freaking crap (As you can probably tell from the picture, because it is almost gone!).  I use this everyday, and sometimes throughout the day if my face gets too oily. I use a big powder brush to apply and it doesn't look cakey or anything. I often use this in place of foundation. 

5. Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter: Color/#025 Peach Parfait. I hardly ever wear lipstick, but I thought I would include one. I own this and the Maybelline Baby Lips product. I like the color of this Lip Butter a LOT, it is very close to my own so it looks natural and pretty. It doesn't taste bad and it isn't too sticky. It has a little bit of shimmer in it, which I honestly don't mind until it has been on there a while. Then it is gross unless I re-apply. I'm not in love, but I like it for a bit of healthy color (that and the pink tinted Baby Lips).

6.: Revlon Nearly Naked foundation: Color/#120 Vanilla. Honestly, I am not a huge foundation person. Maybe that's why I am not in love with this product like everyone else seems to be. It's ok... But I am not in love with it. I need to get a BB cream or something lighter. But it is also winter, and layering foundation over my sometimes dry skin doesn't look that great. I'll use it occasionally, but maybe it will be a better summer product. Basically my skin is a freak. I have no clue what it wants. We don't have the best communication skills. 

7. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush: Color/Pink Frosting. I actually really like this blush. I just sweep a little on my cheeks with my fingers and it gives a really pretty glow. And for my skin tone, the Pink Frosting was a nice natural everyday color. I wear it everyday, especially since it is winter and my face gets all one color (bright, blinding white) and washes out easily. 

8. Maybelline Dream Lumi Highlighting Concealer: I think this is the full name, the writing is all coming off. This is a fairly new product (1-2 weeks old), and I have already been through half of it. It doesn't come with very much product in the tube AT ALL. But I guess that's ok, I am not in love with the product. It is an ok product, but it definitely doesn't live up to it's name/promises. I don't feel like it is very "highlighting," and the coverage on the under-eye area gets a little cakey. But that is a hard area to cover well. However, it blends well to cover small blemishes on my face.  


Sheesh, can you tell I like Maybelline? Haha, I didn't really realize that until I wrote out this list.

 I am still in the process of learning what I like and don't and finding out what works best for me. I am a huge fan of the natural look, so I don't go for a lot of crazy makeup. The craziest thing I have is the gold eyeshadow (which I layer with a pink I have to make a really pretty Rose Gold color). Haha, living life on the edge, right?  

What makeup do you like? :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment