Monday, May 20, 2013

Coconut Hair (+Embarrassing Picture)

You may have noticed a version of this picture floating around on Pinterest: 

(Check out more details about the treatment HERE)


My hair has always been damaged. I'm not a nice person to my hair (but I'm learning!). 
I mentioned in a Friday Favorites post a few weeks ago that I had tried it out... and I am finally posting about it... I found the idea on Pinterest, and after numerous google searches for "research," 
I decided to try it out. 

At my grocery store, I picked up this brand. It's pretty solid, so you need to hold it in your hand for a few seconds so it "melts" a little to make it easier to put in your hair. 


Into my hair it went! 
I spread it pretty decently throughout my hair, but definitely focused more on my ends. 


And I kinda remembered halfway in that I forgot to buy a shower cap. 
Ummm.... Grocery bag it is. Yikes.
I let it sit for about 30-45 minutes. You can use heat (a blowdryer) to cut the time in half, but I didn't want to have to be stuck in one place. So I just closed the blinds and caught up on some things I had to do around the apartment.   ;) 


Of course you can't tell from a picture (especially one taken in a bathroom mirror sans makeup and hair styling), but my hair felt quite a bit softer--especially after a few uses. 
It's not a miracle cure, but it is a decent treatment. 
If you can get past the smell of coconut in your hair. 
I, for one, am not a fan of coconut smell... But oh well. :) 


Think I'll try it again this weekend. 
Here's to softer hair!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment