Sunday, December 11, 2011

Organization Inspiration: Desk Drawers

Did I ever mention that cleaning is one of those little things that makes me happy? Love to organize and streamline: it makes me more productive in every aspect of life.

Ok, that being said-- junk drawers: big pain in the butt. A bigger pain in the butt? Realizing it's not even a junk drawer, it's just gotten that messy!

I came across this problem in my desk... I'd been ignoring it for a while, i just didn't want to face how much of a slob I had become. ;)


Horrible. So I had to do an intervention.

I pulled everything out of that drawer- it was mostly office supplies, but there were some papers that I had to throw away and some things that had (mysteriously ;) ) ended up in that drawer that had to be moved.

(Did I mention I LOVE office supplies?? I know, I'm a freak.)
I found my organizing tools to conquer this job: Bamboo organizers that we got for our wedding. I was saving them to use for the apartment, but I figured they weren't doing any good tucked away under our bed. So out they came!
And really, I mean--how cute is this? Everything is divided and perfect-and I don't have to worry about things getting disorganized and shoved around as I look for things- I can see everything! And it's so easy to throw right back into it's same place--totally effortless organizing right there (music to the ears!).

I was so motivated, I decided to do the other two desk drawers as well!

Drawer #2!
I had some things that definitely needed to go, but then some other
things that just needed to be straightened or organized.


Love how this drawer turned out. :)

Drawer #3! Lots of paper and random paperwork stuff in this drawer,
but it too was soon streamlined!



All 3 drawers in all their glory!
I have to say, I was pretty proud of this change. I usually have to clean out my desk drawers a lot (high traffic area for CRAP), but I feel like I came up with a different solution this time--one that actually works!!

And now it has become one of my everyday loves--it makes
me happy every time I open the drawer.

Any organizing projects that you are proud of?
Please share! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment