Wednesday, March 13, 2013

How 'Bout Them Apples?

I stumbled across this recipe the other day--which is really not a recipe at all. More like, throw this in this and bake for this long. Which is, I mean, marvelous really. 

I like to call this my Fake Apple Pie. 

All you have to do is cut up 2-3 apples (I like the Gala or Fuji apples). I like them chopped pretty thinly, they cook better that way. Also mix together some brown sugar and cinnamon--the amount is totally up to how much of a sugar fanatic you are. As you can tell from the pictures below, I'm high level addict status. :)


Then just put your apples into a pie crust (I just picked mine up at the store, but I have a great homemade crust recipe [Thanks, Mom!] that I am sure would be amazing as well).


Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. That's it. So easy, right? 
And you probably have all that shit just laying around anyway. BAKE.IT.UP.


I have made this twice now for Sunday dinner dessert and 
I feel like a freaking genius when I make it. Haha. 

Ps. If your brown sugar isn't melting in some places (because it looks like you applied it with construction equipment, like mine), just put a tiny dab of butter on the spot and pop it back in the oven. Unhealthy? Yes. Delicious? YES. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment