Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Family Brag Post

As I have grown older and moved away from home, I have made a lot of friends who have no idea who my family is. It's a shame, really--because they're an awesome group of people. I can't imagine NOT knowing them. Ok, so to all you people who must be utterly miserable because you don't know my family, 
I'll introduce you.   :) 





This is my older brother, Sam. When we were little we hated each other. I think he pushed me off the couch when I got home from the hospital, haha. But we became great friends. He is such a go-getter and a hard worker. When he sees something he wants, he goes after it maximum power. He'll talk your ear off, but he's super intelligent. I always had to work really hard for my A's... he seemed to get them naturally. How very annoying. ;) He is going to school for finance, and currently has two internships. He also owns his own company (based out of Provo)-- one that makes sick soft-goods for snowboarding. 
It's called Jib Kids. Check them out HERE, HERE, and HERE

This is my little-not-so-little sister, Sierra. But we actually call her "Seesa." Why? Because when I was 4 and she was going to be born, I thought it would be a rad name. And it stuck. It's my claim to fame, folks. She is one of the MOST AMAZING people I know. She is the calm in the craziness, she's so chill and level-headed. She is smart, multi-talented, and super funny. If I ever say a funny catch phrase, it's probably one I stole from her. I look up to her as a person and as a daughter of God. The picture above is at her graduation from massage therapy school. She now works as a massage therapist in CO. But you know, she's gotta top herself after that--she hopes to be accepted to BYU. Miss her like crazy.
PS, in this photo she is wearing heels and I am not. Just wanted to clear that up. 



Miley Cyrus aint got nothing on this little crazy. :) This is my little brother Skyler. He is twelve years younger than me and my favorite little person. He is smart as a whip, and usually uses that power to get out of stuff. ;) And that cute mug, of course. He remembers things so easily, I swear his mind is a dictionary. He loves legos and Minecraft. He's the only one of us that got Dad's blue eyes. He's already adorable--once puberty hits this kid is going to be drop dead gorgeous. He always makes me laugh and he has the best questions and the sweetest heart. 



My Mom got this dog a few months before I moved out--she was training a replacement child. ;) This is Zach, my Mom's baby. He's basically a cat-dog, he's so lazy and scared of stuff. Unless you are knocking at the door, he thinks he's the most terrifying guard dog around. But he loves junk food and snuggling, he's the sweetest little thing. And that face! I die. 


These awesome people are my Mom and Dad. They have such an amazing marriage and a deep love and respect for each other. Together they taught me (through their actions) exactly what a marriage should be. 

My Mom is so organized and prepared. I swear she thinks of everything. She has been a great example to me of how to run a household and raise a family. She helped me gain a testimony, and helped me develop a strong love of my country. She brought my family so close, I don't think any of us would have the amazing relationships with each other that we have if it weren't for her. I also wouldn't know anything, because she actually home-schooled all of us. I owe her the credit for my acceptance to and good grades in college. She is also funny, kind and thoughtful. She is an example and a role model for my life
 and future family. 

My Dad is truly someone I look up to. He is honest and hardworking and smart. He is a structural engineer that designs bridges. I love it when he comes to town on business, we always get dinner and I still run to hug him. He taught me what to expect from a future husband, how to hunt, how to shoot, and how to drive a boat. He taught me the value of hard work, and countless life skills in the process. He taught me to be disciplined and respectful. He taught me to be a good person, and love my Savior. 


And my amazing Hubby. When I started dating him I realized I was the luckiest girl in the world. Our anniversary is coming up, so I'll save the gushy posts for then, but... I love this man. With all my heart. 



Well, now you've met my family. Your life feels fulfilled now, doesn't it? ;)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment