Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014 : Work



It seems that the trend this year is to be "above" New Year's resolutions or to condense it down into one little word for the whole year. Is anyone else seeing this?

I, for one, am a huge fan of the new year. I buy in to the whole "fresh start-evalutate yourself-set goals" way of looking at the year, and I don't think that's a bad thing. Anything to keep me on top of my game more.

But along with my New Years Resolutions, I do like the idea of a theme for the year. And as much as my 11 year old self would hate me for picking this theme, it had to be done. Let me explain: growing up, we had a night set aside for a family lesson/game night (Family Home Evening for anyone LDS). For about a year straight (at least, in my kid mind it seemed that long), my Dad gave the lesson on the importance of work. Man, he drilled that into our heads. And I hated every second. The thing is though, as I have grown older that is one of the main things I am so grateful for--that I was taught how to work. I took it for granted until I saw how many people in the workforce, college, life, etc. don't know how.

Anyway, off the soapboax. For 2014, my word is, obviously, "Work." I picked this because it is a crucial time in my college career and my future design career. There are so many things I want to accomplish in 2014, and I am going to have to bust my butt to come out where I want to be at the end of the year.

So 2014 will be the year of the "buckle-down." The "just-shut-up-and-get-it-done" attitude.

Let's get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment